Covid-19 Training - FREE Webinars
Facilitating HIPAA Compliance During the COVID 19 Pandemic
Course Description: As the nation continues to respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, our healthcare systems are facing unprecedented workflow challenges. During this time, compliance officers will face challenges in preparing for public health disclosures and remote workforces.
In this On-Demand webinar attendees will learn:
- HIPAA requirements for disclosures involving infectious disease outbreaks
- How to avoid disclosure pitfalls
- Managing remote workforces in a compliant manner
- What is covered by the Limited Waiver on the Privacy Rule
- Telehealth discretion on HIPAA penalties
Presenter: Sarah Badahman, CEO/Founder, HIPAAtrek, will serve as the featured speaker. She has spent over a decade in the healthcare administration field and particularly, the past eight years mastering the field of HIPAA compliance and risk management.
If interested, click here.
Billing and Coding for COVID-19: Reporting Coronavirus Related Services Including Telemedicine
Course Description: This program is intended to provide an overview of the current pandemic (SARS-CoV-2) also known as the COVID-19 coronavirus. We will provide some basic information about the virus itself in addition to how it is impacting Rural Health Clinics (RHC), Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) and Critical Access Hospitals (CAH) from correct coding and professional billing perspectives. We will cover the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) and its impact on properly reporting telehealth services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Each of the items below will be addressed throughout the session:
- A discussion of what the COVID-19 virus is
- Impact of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act)
- Applicable CPT, HCPCS II and ICD-10-CM codes will be discussed
- Telemedicine services will be covered, Telehealth visits, Virtual check-in services (VCS), E-visits
- “Originating” versus “distant” sites
- Overview of some state-specific Medicaid directives
Presenter: John Burns has worked in the healthcare business arena for more than 20 years. John focuses on correct coding, optimization of the revenue cycle and managing compliance risk for the healthcare business. His current focus with the Association for Rural & Community Health Professional Coding centers on providing audit risk assessments and coding reviews for rural and community health centers across the United States.
He has served as a corporate compliance officer and a civilian volunteer to the US Department of Defense providing auditing services and specialized training and education to providers, coders, billers, administrators and IT professionals across the country. He began his career with the Medical Management Institute in 1995 and then formed Modern Conventions in Compliance, Inc. where he served as President and CEO from 2004 to 2013. John then joined Doctors Management, LLC based in Knoxville, TN where he served as Senior Consultant until May 2016.
If interested, click here.
For presentation slides, click here.